About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Weekend In A Nutshell!!!

We fly home every Friday afternoon. I bring the same bags back with me, and it is pretty much routine...until. Until we actually reach our house, then the fun begins. We rush in and make sure that Lilly is settled before we take off again. This Friday found us at El Cerro Grande feasting on a great cuisine of Mexican food, and then over to Costco's to stock up for the weekend. It proved to be a great trip...lots of fresh fruits. We came home and made Waldorf and 7 layer salad along with the shrimp salad we bought at Costco's. Saturday found us out just a bit before we headed over to Preston and Connie's for the new quartet to practice. They were awesome. The Casteen's were so gracious and just welcomed everyone into their home. Sunday the quartet, that just practiced for the first time the night before, found themselves featured as the special music. They did a fantastic job. After church, Mark and I found ourselves at Barnes & Noble bookstore...not good. We are book lovers. Soon we both had an armful of books and DVD's. I was just in pure heaven. After a browsing time there, we headed to the Longhorn for lunch. I had their Citrus Glazed Chicken with fresh asparagus. Mark did the chicken tenders along with fries. We picked up a piece of Key Lime Pie to take home along with most of our lunch. They really give you large portions so we had plenty left. Then it was over to Belk's to buy some shorts. Guess what?? In the middle of July they don't have any shorts in stock. A reminder to myself...buy shorts in February next year. Then it was off to home where I knew my bed was calling my name. Sometimes a nap makes me feel worse, which was the case on Sunday. Monday found us getting Mark's blood checked, it was too thin. After a quick lunch at K & W, we were back at Costco's. We bought a new air conditioner for our kitchen. Oh the many woes of window units. The new one will be put in this coming Monday. Lots of laundry to do and some cleaning finally got done. We went to Wendy's and picked up some dinner for us and mom and dad. Went over there to eat with them. Tuesday is always a mad house trying to get everything ready to hit the road. We finally got things together and got gone. Well, that is my weekend in a nut shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment