About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, July 5, 2010

Still in Love!!!

I sat behind this older couple in church yesterday. I know that they have to be married almost 60 years. I first noticed that they sat very close. Then during the annoucements she reached over and pattied him on the leg. He ever so gently took her hand and held it. She smiled at him and he smiled at her. The whole time I was thinking how sweet that people in their 80's are still in love. In a world when most people can't stay in love 2 years. I am sure they have had trying times, but their love has endured. What a great testament of true love that was expressed by two people without a lot of fanfare. I have noticed how her husband always has a protective hand out for her when she gets up or down. You can see their love for each other just by observing them. What a wonderful thing to experience yesterday...true love still exists after all these years. It is refreshing to see that instead of hearing about a divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment