About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Change of Plans!!

Today was suppose to be The Garner Family Christmas. I say suppose to be, because it didn't happen. Mark's brother and sister and all their families got snowed in up in Davidson County. We will have to reschedule. Thinking about doing it the first Saturday in January. I like that idea...it prolongs the Christmas celebration.

Our church is exchanging gifts tomorrow after service, then going out to eat. I thought we were doing it next weekend, so I have got to go and get my gifts this afternoon. Going over to the church to set up our candlelight service this afternoon. Then tonight we are getting our surprises ready for everyone at church.

Lately, I have been every busy doing extra stuff. Not a bad thing...a good thing. We have been able to help more people and ministries this year than any other year. Due to the Lord blessing us so much this year. Also, we were very prepared for the Christmas Season, so we could take on doing a little more. I have really enjoyed helping gather things for Fed by Faith. I think I am more of a collector of things. I love gathering up goodies for a worthy cause. I sent my cards to St.Jude's this past week and I really enjoyed doing that. It was fun gathering them all together for such a worthy cause as that.

Sent 2 ladies a Christmas card that I kinda know, but not that well. They are Mark's parents friends. One lady use to own "The Matthew's Market". I will have to blog about it sometime, because Mark has such fond memories of that place. They are both widowed, so I picked up 2 special cards for them.

Got more stuff to make me some more earrings. I love making them, and I need some black ones as well. I don't know that it is cheaper to make them or not, but it passes the time away.

Went to the library and checked out all non fiction books with Christmas themes. Just finished reading "Christmas Thief" by Mary Higgins Clark. It was a great book. All the other books are by Debbie Macomber. So you should see my books I have read list grow.

Almost home now. Been writing this blog in the car as we travel back to Wilmington.

No comments:

Post a Comment