About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of the Year!!!

This year has flown by very quickly. Lots of things have happened to us this year. We have seen lots of changes in our lives. It has been a good year and sad year as we have said goodbye to some dear friends and hello to new family members.

We found ourselves helping with the care of Mark's parents after their nurse died suddenly. It has been an adventure to say the least. This gave us the opportunity to spend lots more time with them, and help them out in a time of need.

We have gotten to see our family more this year. Our grown nieces and their husbands and our great nieces are all so precious.

Mark's family has pulled together and we have all worked together trying to care for their parents.

We celebrated our 1 year anniversary at Bethlehem Baptist as their interim pastor.

My laughter ministry got started this year. (Thank you Patty Chriscoe)

We celebrated 17 years of marriage. (Austin Dunn from our first church got married on our anniversary this year...he was 5 when we first started there)

I started doing a blog this year after Mark and lots of my friends encouraged me. I have found out through the blog....I am not that interesting!!!

We have said good bye to great neighbors in my neighborhood....Mr. Garland Lloyd and Mr. Stanley Gurganious. Both of these men were in the neighborhood when we moved there....I was in the 1st grade when we moved there.

Our little house has come a long way. The Riley's Creek Brotherhood fixed our bathroom, installed our washer and dryer and ran new wire and put in a new breaker box. (Thank you to Preston Casteen and all the Brotherhood men) Then Mark and I had a guy to install new ceiling fans and light fixtures. We have the new vinyl windows, they just need to be installed.

Our great niece Madelyn Claire was born this year. Mark's cousin Millicent had twin girls.

Mark's Aunt Alma walked down the aisle as a 75 year old bride....they make a wonderful couple.

My dad celebrated his 2nd year of retirement.

My mom discovered Facebook and Farmville...she makes a great farmer.

I reconnected with lots of high school friends on Facebook this year. (Dana, Jennifer, Jeff, Christy, Beth, Tiffany, Julie, Amy, Carl, Larry, Gina, Tina, John, Anna, Sabrina, Vivian, Pam, Michelle and lots more PHS friends)

I met and and started a new friendship with Amanda Talbert this year. She is the sweetest most giving person in the world. She started the Fed by Faith Ministry, which we have enjoyed being a part of this ministry. She is an inspiration.

We have gotten to reconnect with old friends and family since living part time in Moore County.

I met and became friends with Erin Brady this year, who is a true joy to be around....she makes me laugh.

We have kept in better contact with some of our old preacher friends this year.

Lilly turned 9 years old this year. She still loves bacon.

Mark's mom fell and broke her hip.....she is now in rehab.

Mark's dad, Jim, cracks me up with his quick wit even though he has dementia. It has been a pleasure to stay with him.

I got to see my Uncle from Texas at Christmas.

My uncle Larry came through a major surgery this year.

I got to reconnect with my best friend from high school, Christy Owens Rawls, through facebook.

My mom and dad watch over our house in Pender County. What would we do without them?

Mark turned 50 this year.

I have gotten to connect with my cousins on Facebook, and have gotten to know them a little better this year.

I realized how important it is to have extended care insurance...even if you are not elderly. Plan for the future, as though it was today.

I came to full realization of just how much our parents have loved us and helped us through our 17 years of marriage.

For some reason 2009 made me reflect on the times that death was so close to us, and how much I cherish Mark. My life would not be complete without him.

I learned to love my nose this year. That might sound funny to you, but I have never liked my nose...but this year I came to except it.

I have learned that life is full of changes, and you just have to roll with a lot of them.

I learned that being a Pastor's Wife is my true calling, and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Life has been good this year over all. That doesn't mean that there hasn't been tough times, but God has seen us through the good times and the bad times. 2009 has been a good year, but we look forward to an even better year in 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm....hello!!!! You ARE so very interesting!!! I love reading your posts :-)

    I am also thankful for our frienship. You totally me laugh and I can't wait to see where 2010 is going to bring us.

    Happy New Year friend!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. God will always see you through no matter what in the bad times and the good.Tracey you are the funniest person I know.I can never get enough of you all the years I have known you I never get tired you are true gift from God your Daddy and I LOVE YOU WITH ALL OUR HEARTS.
    and thank God for Mark we love him to because loves and takes care of you.

    ReplyDelete