About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gabby!!!

Today I went to the post office and the library. I find myself at these two places almost daily. I picked up some more books with Christmas themes to read over Christmas. At the post office, I got 2 surprises. First an old friend sent me a cross in my pocket that she had made. How sweet!! Another friend included a little money in their card...that was very nice of them. We haven't seen them in a while.


Mark and I decided to go and get each other some little things to open on Christmas morning. We just hate not to do that, even though the computer is our main gift and the microwave. I have a special little surprise planned for Christmas night for me and Mark. A little celebration that we can have together. I am looking forward to all the Christmas festivities and seeing my family. My uncle is suppose to be coming in from Texas, and I can't wait to see him. He is so funny...I am hoping to get some new material from him. hahaha!! I found out that my mom is making one of my favorite things in the whole wide world...icebox fruit cake. Don't turn your nose up....it is delish!!! I love that stuff, and my sugar level will probably go sky high. I will try to behave myself, but it is so hard. She hasn't made one in quite a while. I was so excited!!! I am looking forward to Christmas Eve and Day. My mom is fixing ribs along with turkey on Christmas day. I love her ribs, they are so gooooood. We are having a little bit of this and that for Christmas. I am in charge of making pinto beans and potato salad. I think that I can handle that.


Delivered my fruit to Amanda's parents last night. It was so good to see Ken and Judy and get to visit with them briefly. She sent home these pecans home with us that she made. I am allergic, but Mark and his dad sure have enjoyed them.

Got a great surprise today, Mark's brother, wife and granddaughter visited with us today. Courtney is so great. I couldn't resist (I have no will power) I gave her a few Christmas gifts. I can replace them before we all meet. I gave her a DS game, stickers and a Rachel Ray cookbook. She loved it. I also gave her an autographed copy of a book that our friend, Ken Loyd wrote. She immediately sat down and started reading the book. She was half way through it before they left. She loved it. It was nice to spend the day with them.

Courtney enjoying Ken Loyd's book. She was very engrossed in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment