About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Spirit

Everyone I talk to say they just don't have the Christmas Spirit. I have offered to go and pound some spirit into them. lol I have the spirit, and I have tried my best to spread it around. I baked cookies this morning to munch on here at home. I have falalalala spinning in my head. I love this time of year, and now the possibility of snow. WOOHOO!!! Although snow will put a major damper on our Christmas plans. I am performing tomorrow night in Sanford for a church Christmas party. I just hope it is not called off. Then the Garner Family Christmas is Saturday. That may not happen. All our family lives where it is suppose to snow 4 to 5 inches by Saturday morning. Then we have a special service planned at church Sunday. Hope we can get home. Who knows if it really will snow? I can't change the weather, and if plans get changed...so well. I have learned in life never to get upset when God changes your plans. God controls the weather, and who am I to question Him?



I put 2 more packages in the mail today. These are going to some friends of Mark's parents. These 2 couples have been so great about coming by and visiting them and bringing them fresh veggies out of their gardens. Just a small thank you to them.


I got out a nativity set today just to have out here....Christmas is not complete without the nativity set. I have one out at the house in Pender Co. It is actually my Willow Tree Nativity. I love it. The one that I set out here is one that Mark's mom made years ago. I love it. This nativity is just so plain and simple. I have several that I like. I have a really beautiful white and gold nativity that Raphael and Pat Foy from Midway Baptist Church gave us in 2001. I love it so much. It is so elegant looking and sits on a huge mirror. Then in '93, I bought a crystal nativity from "Christmas Around the World". It is small and also sits on a small round mirror
The full nativity set. They are cloth with cardboard bottoms. I think this was a fabric panel that Walmart offered one year. She gave me my nativity set the first year that Mark and I were married. I love it so much. We have actually used this at some of our churches as decorations.

Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus. The back drop is the panel sewn over cardboard. It is still pretty.

The Wise Men with the camel. I am reading a book now where the nativity camel at the church bites. It is a great book so far.

The Shepherds and the sheep. From the most highest in power to the lowly shepherds, Jesus was born and died for us all. Merry Christmas to all. I hope each of you have a Merry Jesus Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment