About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, December 7, 2009

Seniors

Today Mark and I went to eat at K & W Cafeteria. While there we spotted a tree with tags hanging from the tree. It was "Stocking for Seniors". I had never really thought about seniors at Christmas before. All my thoughts are usually on kids. We decided to take 2 of the tags and help 2 seniors this year as well. God has blessed us so much this year and buying a sweater and jogging suit is just a small way of giving back. We hit the stores with our 2 tags and the items and sizes they wanted. It was so much fun shopping for 2 little grannies (we had ladies). We got our items and then called to see if they needed to be wrapped. They didn't, so we went to the Senior Center to drop off our gifts. I just wish I could see that persons face when they got their gift. It reminds me of the song Ray Boltz did "Thank You". It talks about things we did unnoticed on the earth, but proclaimed in Heaven. Nothing here done for fame or glory just want people to know that someone on earth cares about them. Who knows those few little items might mean the world to those receiving them. Jesus is the reason for the season, and this is a way to be a reminder to those in the world. Merry Christmas to our 2 little senior women whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment