About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Useful Treasures

Whew!! Has this day been busy and it is only 2:00 in the afternoon. Got up a little before 6 today to pack up my ebay orders. Had a lady to come through my store and buy about 10 books....I love repeat customers. Got all my orders ready and played on the computer...a good time waster. Getting up early doesn't accomplish everything for me, because business' aren't open at 6 or 7 am. Finally got time to go and I headed to Dollar General for a whisk. I am going to make a banana pudding later on today. Then it was to McDonald's for some morning nourishment. A quick stop at the Post Office to drop off those ebay packages, and then into rehab to see Mark's mom. After visiting with her a while, I stopped off at Whispering Pines Thrift Store...my favorite. Not so many treasures for me, but I found lots of clothes for Fed by Faith. Such great buys. Then a quick trip home to put down my treasures. In all this rain, you would have thought that I would have stayed in...but you are wrong. Then I was off to Walgreen's, the bank and Michael's. I needed more beads for my ornaments. Now home long enough to wash Mark's moms clothes to take back to rehab this afternoon. A busy day, but a fruitful day.


These are the clothes that I picked up for Fed by Faith. Mostly all children's clothes, but I did get some smaller women sizes as well. Each piece was only .50 today. The printed pieces to the left are snow over all and matching coat. The coat wasn't on sale, but since it matched the overalls the ladies let me have it for .50 as well. Lots of nice items in this pile. I picked all winter items and things that I would buy for my child.


One of the Christian fiction books that I love to read for only .25. They are $4.84 a piece at Walmart, and that is the cheapest place I have seen them.
A little group of snowmen to help me decorate for Christmas. At .50, I couldn't leave them in the store.

A pearl studded fabric Christmas tree. It was .50 as well. It is so elegant looking. The picture really doesn't do it justice.


The main thing that I found that I just loved. The Rocket Nut Cracker for only $2. If you have seen these lately, then you know they are expensive. Still in the original box. Great deal!!


Amanda sent an email telling some of the sales in town, so I went to Walgreen's...in the rain. I had lots of health and beauty coupons. I had the Nivea coupons...buy one lip balm get one free and another one that if you buy 3 lip balms you get a bottle of lotion free. Well, they had the lip balm on sale for .99 each. Which meant for 1.98 I could get 3 lip balms and a lotion. Got there and no lip balm in sight except for a 3 pack. I needed 3, but these were packaged together. The cosmetic lady explained to the manager, and he let her ring them up individually at the sales price. God bless that man!!! The lotion was $7.49, but I got it free. I am thankful because I was out of lotion here. I spent $41 and only paid $14 even. I was going to take pictures of everything I got, but I came in and put up everything before I thought about the picture. I was so excited about my savings.
My blackberry saved the day again at Michael's. Sunday while in Michael's the sales girl wanted to know the birthstone for June. No one in that store was born in June or knew the stone. I googled it and told her. I love technology...if I know how to use it. Then today a lady was trying to explain this bead for a project to the sales girl with no luck. She had left her Internet instructions at home. She told me the website and **hocus pocus** it appeared on the blackberry and the sales girl pointed out the correct beads for her. Not that I believe in magic, but they are cool to have....I call mine my crackberry. lol I am addicted to it.

Well, the dryer has stopped so that means my clothes are ready. We are off to rehab and grab a bite to eat.








No comments:

Post a Comment