About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Frantic Lives

Lately, I have observed people as I have been out and about in town. Everyone seems to be frantic or in a hurry. Snatching things up in the store, mumbling to themselves or yelling at someone on a cell phone. People dialing like speed demons to find out little Susie's size. Yes, it is only 22 days until Christmas, but slow down and enjoy this time. I can't say that feel sorry for those running around like a chicken with no head. I have had my gifts for months. I hit major sales at the change of the season. All gifts gotten except for some gift cards. My cards have been addressed for months...just need some stamps. Only decorating left to do, but I don't go overboard on that anymore. A few meaningful things displayed is all. I have to have things preplanned in life in order to function...I guess that is my OCD. Good thing I plan, because look what has happened to us in the last couple of weeks. I hate to waste time, that is why I have problems sleeping. I plan to leisurely enjoy the season this year. I am sure there were no frantic people except Mary and Joseph that first Christmas night as our Savior came quietly into the world. Can you imagine not being able to at least be in a bed to have your baby...and just not any baby. It was all planned. You really need to get "The Tale of Three Trees" if you don't have it....excellent book. It kind of helps you see what treasures that you hold in life. Treasures like Salvation, family, friends and health to name a few. Take time this year to enjoy the treasures that you hold dear in your heart.

I have been making these ornaments this week, and I have had numerous people to ask for instructions...that is a problem. I don't have instructions, because I was shown how to make them. I also found out that writing "how to" books is not my thing. I can't even write out the instructions for them. I did sit down tonight and package some of these ornaments for my old high school friends and some friends I worked with at Camp Mundo Vista in 1990. A little something for those who have left me with such fond memories. Some times it is the little things that you do that makes you so memorable to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment