About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, November 16, 2009

All Gussied up to Hobnob

From time to time, I catch myself saying certain phrases. These are phrases that I have heard all my life. Although the are not taught in school, it doesn't take long for you to learn just what they mean


1. All gussied up = dress up in your finest.


2. All your eggs in one basket = you are hoping for one single outcome with all that you have got to offer


3. To run Amuck = you are out of control.


4. Bringing home the bacon = you are making money and drawing a pay check.


5. Cahoots = you are in a not so good patnership with someone. Usually means you are up to no good.


6. Face the music = you take the consequences for your actions. In other words...you've gotten caught.


7.Hobnob = you are socializing with the elite.


8. Jump the gun = you didn't think out your decision.

9. Kick the bucket = you have died.

10. Nincompoop = stupid person

11. Rule the Roost = one in charge.

12. Too many irons in the fire = you are doing too much. And most of the time not doing a good job with any of the task.

I am sure if you think about it for a while there are lots of phrases that you may say everyday.

Remember the next time you get all gussied up so you can bring home the bacon and hobnob with all the nincompoops at work. That you should watch who you go into cahoots with, because you could find yourself facing the music with all your eggs in one basket. Don't jump the gun with office gossip because the one who rules the roost could be close by and then things just might run amuck. And pace yourself because having too many irons in the fire can tire you out and you don't want to kick the bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment