About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, November 27, 2009

On Your Mark Get Set...GO!!!

What in the world makes people get up and go out shopping at midnight after Thanksgiving? I have never understood the fun in this tradition. To stand in the cold with strangers (who are crazy as well) for some bargain that you may or may not get. To me it is like the retailers are the "puppet masters" yanking every ones string. Holding out deals in front of you, making you drool that most of the people in line don't even get. People get rude and nasty when they "think" they are about to save a few dollars. I mean people have died on this day from being stampeded to death!! I don't get it. Maybe the reason that I can't wrap my mind around this is because I have been shopping since May. I have about 2 more gifts to buy and I know what those are and no one is putting gift cards on sale. I shop a little along, then I am not broke at the end of the season nor do I have "scared to open my mail" credit card anxiety in January. A friend one time stood in line 5 hours to get a $10 digital camera. Know what they got? A $10 crappy digital camera that took horrible pictures. Boy, wasn't that worth the wait in line. I will just let everyone else snag all the good bargains, as I stay snuggled down in my bed. I am prepared this year. Almost all shopping done, all Christmas cards addressed, and lots of goodies baked and in the freezer. Let the Christmas season begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment