About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanks! Thanks! I Give You Thanks!!!

I thank you Lord, for the strength you give to simply carry on. Through life's falls and tests, in the worst and best, I'm not ever left alone. You are always right beside me, you hear me every time I pray. And since I first began you've been my dearest friend and I want to give you praise.


I give you thanks this moment and I will continually. For each day I live, your grace you give, I am blessed abundantly. I can't forget that moment when in my life you made such a change. Since your Spirit came I've not been the same, and I want to give you thanks



Thanks! Thanks! I give You thanks,For all You've done.I am so blessed.My soul has found rest.Oh, Lord, I give You thanks.


The above is a song that The Nelons did quite a few years back. I always loved that song and thought it was very appropriate for Thanksgiving. I wanted to do a list of things that I am thankful of this year. I have so much to be thankful this year that I am not sure that I can list it all, but I will try.


  1. A Savior that loved me enough to die for me

  2. A Loving Husband

  3. Fantastic Parents

  4. Wonderful Extended Family

  5. Great Friends

  6. A Cute Dog

  7. Health

  8. Friends that I have met through Facebook and blogs

  9. Our Church Family

  10. A Roof over our heads

  11. The ability to see a beautiful sunset

  12. The ability to hear the birds as they chirp

  13. Waking up to a new day

  14. Hearing laughter around me

  15. My new comedy ministry

  16. That God allows me to love and care about others

  17. Fed by Faith, Amanda's amazing new ministry

  18. A Pantry full of food

  19. Our Military

  20. The Generosity of others

  21. Our Country and the freedom that we have

  22. Blessings that we don't deserve

  23. The beauty of nature, that He created

  24. Feeling loved by others

  25. The ability to speak, and hopefully be an encourager to others


My list could go on and on, but these are just 25 things that I am thankful for not only this Thanksgiving season; but all year long. Blogspot probably couldn't give me enough space to write everything that I am thankful for this year. These are just some of the biggies, but I relish in the little things that makes up this circle of life. It is often through the little things that I see God's hand in my life and encourages me on day by day. Got a call from an old friend last night. It was so good to talk to him after not seeing them in 7 years. After I got off the phone, I thought, "I am thankful to have lived long enough to have old friends." It is not always the big things in life that brings us simple joys and pleasures....sometimes it is the little things.


Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

No comments:

Post a Comment