About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Laughing All The Way

The past week, I have found myself with 2 engagements. I performed at the Parade of Tables Literacy Council Fundraiser in Elizabethtown and for the Seniors group at Victory Community Baptist Church. I had a blast at both events. I have been working on new material, so I don't just keep telling the same old funny stories. You wouldn't believe the material that the people of this world gives me everyday. A lady in Walmart calling her son Godzilla, because he won't answer to anything else. I thought to myself, give him 5 minutes with mom and he would answer to his correct name. I know this because I thought one time I would be called Wonder Woman when I was about 8, but she set me straight about what my real name was and what I would be answering to. Everyone laughed, so I think that they had a great time. I have up graded my website...so check it out.
www.laughingwithtracey.com



Me performing at the fundraiser in my sparkling shirt. I love this shirt, it is one of my performance shirts.

Me and Sunday McIntyre Allen, who invited me to come and perform at the fundraiser. She hasn't changed a bit since I saw her give up her Miss Pender County crown.

They had a hand bell choir at the fundraiser, and I just told Mark that I would love to hear a hand bell choir.....how cool was that.



One of the many beautiful tables that were decorated at the fundraiser. They were so elegantly set.


This was the table that we sat at during the fundraiser. It was the Christmas table, and if you know me......I love Christmas so I was happy to be sitting at this table.


Again...me. Our blackberries takes great pictures except if you move and you know that I can't be still. I am still sparkling. I bought a new shirt last weekend with huge jewels at the neckline for performances as well.



The hand bell choir provided our dinner music. They were great and very talented. I could never be in that choir....not enough rhythm. The dinner was great as well....pork loin, roasted vegetables, green beans, rolls and dessert.




A group that sang at the Seniors Luncheon that I attended at Victory



Some of the ladies that attended the luncheon. They had a feast over there with fried chicken, ham, mac and cheese, green beans, corn and lots more things. Plus they had this great sweet potato dish that I am including the recipe at the end.....it was delish!!


Patty Chriscoe, the lady who started my comedy ministry when she asked me to come and do something funny for their Women's Conference in August. She helped change my life. Thanks Patty!!!

They sang "Somebody Loves Me", which was funny to me. The reason it was funny was that Mark and I were singing that song just last week, and one phrase says, "somebody tells me not to repine". We didn't know exactly what repine meant, so we googled it. It means not to worry or fret.


This is the sweet potato dish that I was telling you about, and boy was it good. I took a picture of the very last one.


Sweet Potato Dumplings
1 can flaky biscuits
sweet potatoes (2)
2 c water
2 sticks of margarine
2 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4" pieces...use raw sweet potatoes. These will look like little disk. Divide the biscuit and roll out each half and wrap sweet potato in half of biscuit. Melt margarine in baking dish. Place biscuit wrapped potatoes in pan and flip it around in the margarine, so it is coated good. Then bring water, sugar, cinnamon and salt to a boil and pour boiling syrup over the potatoes. Bake for 45 minutes at 350. You might need to keep an eye on these as some ovens bake faster. This will make 20 dumplings.








No comments:

Post a Comment