About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Yummy YummY I've got Food in my Tummy

I love to cook if there are people willing to eat. Here are some of my favorite recipes.

This recipe is one that my niece Anna Rhodes shared. I fix these for.breakfast.

Sausage Rolls
1 lb sausage
1 pk cream cheese
1 cn Crescent rolls
Poppy seeds

Brown sausage and drain. Mix with cream cheese. Place mixture in each roll, and roll up. Then cut roll in half. Put egg wash on roll and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake according to directions on crescent roll can.

Got this recipe out of the Fayetteville paper. It is the easiest thing to make.

Baked Salsa Dip

8 oz cream cheese
12 oz jar salsa
8 oz mexican cheese

Spread softened cream cheese in a 9" pie plate. Pour salsa over. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Serve with chips.


Carol Morris from our first church gave me this recipe. These are delicious and a big hit.

Cheese Muffins

2 c flour, self rising
1 c milk
1/2 c mayo
2 c grated cheese

Mix all ingredients and fill muffin pan. Bake 20-30 minutes at 400. You can brush garlic butter on top for a Red Lobster taste. Just mix garlic powder with soften butter.


While pastoring in Columbus, NC, I met a lady named Cleo Roddy. She was a member at our friends church. This is a great fast and easy recipe.

Busy Day Chicken

6 to 8 bonless chicken breast
1 bt catalina dressing
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1 jar apricot preserves.

Place chicken in dish. Mix rest of ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.

Susie French was our pianist in WV and she gave me this fast and delicious cake recipe. We fix this at Christmas to take to the bank, PO, library and anywhere else we like to say thank you.

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

1 yellow cake mix w/ pudding
1 bx chocolate instant pudding
4 eggs
3/4 c oil
3/4 c water
8 oz sour cream
1/2 c sugar
6 oz chocolate chips
Powder sugar

Combine cake mix, pudding and sugar. Add oil, water, eggs and sour cream. Beat 2 minutes. Add chocolate chips. Bake in bundt pan for 1 hour at 350. Let cool then sprinkle with powder sugar.


When I first got married, my mom gave me several cookbooks. This is a recipe I found in one of them. I make it every holiday.

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 c mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 c sugar
2 eggsn beaten
1/2 c evaporated milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c melted margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 c brown sugar
1/3 c melted margarine
1/3 c flour
1 c walnuts
1/2 c shredded coconut

Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, salt and 1/4 c margarine in bowl and mix well. Spoon into casserole. Mix brown sugar, remaining 1/3 c margarine, flour, walnuts and coconut in bowl. Spread over sweet potatoes. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Hope you enjoy some of these recipes and GOOD EATS!!!

1 comment: