About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Falling for You!!

Fall or Autumn is my most favorite time of the year. The hot NC summer days slowly gives way to a cool breeze and a slight nip in the air. The squirrels start scurrying around to gather food for the winter, and the birds return once again to our feeders. The sky takes on a vibrant blue cast, as the trees turns to hues of orange, red and yellow. Oh, it is the most beautiful time of the year to me. Another great thing about fall is that the mosquitoes go away. If you live in the south, you know how annoying these things can be. I thought in this blog that I would just share some things that make Fall so spectacular to me.


This is one of my new fall decorations for this year. I love decorating for fall, and this year I decided to decorate inside as well.


Beautiful vibrant trees always make me so happy. It is God's masterful handiwork at it's finest. No artist could paint like this.


More great looking colorful trees as the landscape is dotted with vibrant fall colors.


To me there is nothing no prettier than the trees reflection in a pond. It is so breath taking. God loves us so much....He gives us such amazing beautiful things.



Food is another thing I like about fall, and boiled peanuts is one of them. I buy some peanuts at Mr. Sonny Rowe's stand in Rocky Point every fall. I cook mine in the crockpot. It takes about 24 hours, but the house is not steamy or hot. Yummy they are so delicious.

Turnip and mustard greens are another one of my favorite things. Cook these up with a ham hock and ummmm....that is some good eating. I got these down at Mr. JD Blue's farm on the Vass Carthage Rd. He has some great produce.



Mr. Blue grew this head of broccoli. He cut it fresh for me. It was so tender and delicious. I know it was the best I had ever eaten.

Is that not the biggest head of cabbage you have ever seen? Mr JD sure knows how to grow some great vegetables. I love all the vegetables that you can get in the fall of the year.



I love to decorate with mums. As our summer flowers die down, these brighten things up a bit.


I love the different fall displays. This was down at Mr JD's stand, as he had his produce displayed to sell.


I love pumpkins. I enjoy so much going and picking just the right ones out. I usually want to take them all home with me. Nothing says fall like a pumpkin.



My mini welcome flag that I got this year to help dress up my yard. I do love my flags. We just live off the road so noone really sees them...except me.


My own fall display. I have had this scarecrow for about 5 years now and he is beat to death. He is a real scare crow for sure. I just love fall and to see God's handiwork among us. What a beautiful time of the year.













No comments:

Post a Comment