About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Shih-Tzu!! God Bless You!!

We have a little black and white Shih-Tzu named Lilly. Actually, her full name is Garner's Calla Lilly Palace. It was her show name, because she was going to be a show dog. A perfect specimen of her breed with just the right markings. She had one fault....she was stubborn. She has a strong will, that we were told couldn't and shouldn't be broken. So, we just decided to make a baby...I mean make a pet out of her. She has become our little baby. She will be 10 years old this January and still is in excellent health. She has a cute little mouse that Kayla and Miranda Pack gave her when she was little(her first toy). She still has that mouse (after 9 years), and even though she doesn't play anymore; she likes to lay on it. Don't let it get out of her sight or she will hunt around for it and tear her bed covers up looking for the mouse. Her favorite foods are bacon and roast beef, but she will woof down a biscuit. She is a delight to have around. When you are really sick, she will lie in the bed with you the whole day, but only if you are really sick. That is sometimes how I judge how sick I am. If you are not really sick she won't stick with you.

These were Lilly's professional pictures. We had these taken when we lived in Columbus, NC. We had a great groomer named Jeb, who Lilly just loved. These were taken at her pet grooming salon.

She is just laid back in this picture. I loved her little top notch, but we no longer keep it that way, it gets to annoying to keep up. So that means no more bows for Lilly. They sometimes put a bandanna around her neck, which I don't care for...but Lilly loves. If you tell her she looks pretty with it on, she won't let you take it off.

She is a good little traveling companion as she travels back and forth every week with us. She is our little baby, who will occasionally bite us. That is why I don't trust her with others, and especially not around other children. When she sees other dogs at Petsmart she acts like she is offended that there are other dogs in the world. But we think that she is a keeper

















2 comments:

  1. I love this post! There are several statements you made that made me chuckle out loud. She is beautiful! I sometimes wish we had a little dog like that. Ours is a boxer/bull mastiff mix, 80 lbs, and won't cuddle at ALL. She's not even allowed indoors. Maybe I can borrow Lilly sometime when I'm REALLY sick?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stubborn too! I bet Lilly and I would get along great :-)

    She is beautiful! Shih-Tzu's are one of my favorite breeds; they are beautiful, good with kids (usually) and perfect for indoors.

    ReplyDelete