About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, November 27, 2009

Nothing Much

Not a lot of excitement going on here except car trouble. We went to get in our van Friday afternoon to go home, and it wouldn't start. This week has been a trying time, and this was just the last straw. Mark's sister, Gail had a flat tire yesterday also as she drove up in the rehab parking lot. We finally got Mark's mom settled in the rehab. Planning on this afternoon to go and see her. Hope she will adjust well to her new surrounding. We are just taking things easy and taking one day at a time.


We do have another Birthday coming up this weekend. Tomorrow is Mark's birthday. It is a mile stone one for him. The big 5-0.....he looks good for 50. I had planned on taking him to the Dixie Stampede for his birthday, but that didn't work out. Thank God for internet malfunctions. We were suppose to be there today, but I couldn't get the website to work right...so I gave up. Actually I gave up and forgot to call and get the tickets that way. Thank God for ADD at times also. He has picked out tons of other things he would like to have. Most things he wants are things I would enjoy as well. hehehe!!





This is my mother in laws Thanksgiving Cactus. It is a coral color and very pretty. She has lots of these flowers. There are some white ones that are blooming out, but they aren't fully bloomed yet. I love these flowers, but I can't ever keep one alive. She has given me some before, but mine die. My niece, Anna has a green thumb with these flowers.





I am planning on making the above ornaments this week. I plan to go to Michael's today or tomorrow to get all my beads. I made tons of these one year. That year we gave each family in our church an ornament. They are beautiful on a tree. I decorated one whole small tree one year with just these little ornaments. I thought I could spend some of my time this week to make these. I plan to include these with my business gifts this year.




My business gifts will be cookies this year. I have been buying Christmas tins all year long to put my goodies in to give this year. We make goodies and give to business' that have gone the extra mile for us through out the year. We will be giving our gifts out in Moore County this year. So many business' have been so nice to us as we have been helping Mark's parents out. Cooper's Pharmacy in Vass is at the top of my list. Lewis Cooper and his staff have been exceptionally great to us. Making sure that they have all their meds and advising us on the small illness that just require OTC meds. The Post Office is always on my list. Jimmy and Carl at the Vass PO have been great as I take all my packages from Ebay there everyday. I don't want to forget Debbie at the Library who has been wonderful and recommended books that she thought that I might like. And lets not forget the ladies at the bank....they have been fantastic. It is just a small way to say thank you for your services all year long.


Mom and Dad are coming up today to bring my medicine. I wasn't suppose to be here for this length of time, so I didn't bring enough meds with me. From now on, I am just going to keep everything with me at all times.
I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving, and didn't shop too much yesterday. I had a friend who started at 12 midnight and at 5:00 pm yesterday she was still shopping. Dedication or craziness one....I am not sure. Well, breakfast is done and I am officially starting my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment