About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mystery Reading

I can now say that I know a real life author of a book. Our good friend, Ken Loyd, has written a children's book entitled "Mystery at the Loyd Homeplace". I read it this weekend and I was engrossed as any 4th grader would be. I love the descriptive writing in the book. I could visualize mama and papa Loyd as if they were standing before me. The porch scene in the book was one of my favorites as I love old porches and porch swings. I could just see Buddy and Ken on their hands and knees scrubbing away all the years dirt and grime. The Loyd homeplace became an image in my mind as Ken so eloquently described the old house with all it's chimney's. I love the history of the book, not only the Civil war, but learning about the Loyd family. As I read the book, several things caught my attention: 1. the family love 2. kids in that era got excited over learning about history 3. Ken had a genuine love for his brother Buddy. There were lots of exciting moments in the book, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thanks Ken for bringing our copies by and autographing them for us. I loved looking at your treasure and I especially loved the Circuit Riding Preacher song. Ken has a great singing voice and can tear a piano up with his playing. I love to hear him play. We use to go to Manor Care Nursing Home with him years ago, and I always looked forward to hearing him play. What a great talent God has blessed him with.


Author, Ken Loyd with one of his granddaughters Brianna. Isn't she a cutie. There is lots of love in the Loyd family.
Ken with his other granddaughter, Claire. Who just turned 4 months old. She looks so sweet. I know these babies aren't getting spoiled at all.

Ken and his wife, Judy with both grand babies. Ken taught school at Sandhills Farm Life in Moore County for over 30 years. If you live in Moore County no doubt you have heard about him and his excellent teaching skills. Since retiring, it is harder than ever to keep up with him. He has an abundance of energy. He is always volunteering or doing some unique project with his free time. He and his wife have raised two exceptional daughters, Jennifer and Amanda. I have mentioned Amanda in my past blogs. They both possess great talents, each in their own right and both are a testimony to the loving and Godly upbringing that Ken and Judy has instilled in them. In this day and time they are the kind of family that you don't always see....a family that really loves each other and praises each other in their accomplishments. Ken writes a great blog that I know you would enjoy reading. http://www.mrloyd.blogspot.com/
Thanks Ken for a wonderful book and for being a wonderful friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment